Alaska

Alaska

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 1 (and 2)

So I arrived in Fairbanks at 12:38 AM. After waiting for my luggage and renting a car, I made my way to the hotel only to find it was the wrong hotel. I finally settled into bed at around 2 AM, which was ok because it was still light out. I slept a couple of hours and woke at 6, made my way over to Jim the Hydrologist's office and proceeded to learn about hydrology sampling.

I had done most of the work before, but it was a good refresher. I learned how to use a laser level and some other interesting things. Needless to say I was tired. For lunch, we went to the Pumphouse and had fish and chips made from fresh halibut (delicious). After training I wandered around downtown looking for decent food before I settled in at Big Daddy's BBQ and vomitorium. I was not impressed. Someone could make a killing if they opened a decent restaurant in town. A killing I tell you. I tried to catch up on sleep but it was hot and muggy. The hotel is crappy (they must be preparing me for the field). I am anxious and nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment